Hayward Trimline 2-Way Ball Valve

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stylo328
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stylo328

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
471
Reaction score
411
Location
South Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of using these on my new build. I cannot find any reference for them having been used on a reeftank. Please let me know if you have any personal experience or any thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance.
 
I have them on my system, the only issue is when dissembling they have no internal retention on the union side so will leak any standing water in the PVC line.
15525624652_3f0c77d7f6_o.jpg
 
Thank you for the reply and the photo. Do other true union ball valves have a mechanism for retaining the water upon disassembly? I've always had the standing water in the pipe leak when disassembling and am unfamiliar with the internal retention feature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new