Heating 500G Display

nickm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
437
Reaction score
384
Location
Baytown
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is everyone using to heat their tanks? I keep my house around 73 in the daytime and 70 at night. Titanium heaters or something custom. I was thinking of using a titanium heat exchanger tied into my hot water heater. Another thought I had was which return pump are y'all using for a 500-gallon tank.

Where do you keep your temperature at?
How big of an ATO for that size tank.
 
I would maybe think about an inline heater on the return line for something of this volume, and maybe a couple stand alone as well.
 
Oh yeah forgot about inline heaters. That would save me plumbing cost.
 
I have a 470 display. 120x36x25. My sump and connected frag tank are in a shed. I'm using 2 500 watt titanium heaters, and most of the time only 1 is on. They are apex controlled.
I live in a mild climate.
 
I use the same hygger linked above, but the 1000w version for 3 years now. My fowlr is in the garage and i set it at 73 degrees in the winter. For ato, its just a gravity fed brute container (20g) with float valve. Filled every 3-4 days in summer and every 1.5 weeks in winter
 
2 Ink birds and 2 500 watt titanium Finnex's for 600 gals rarely do I see them both on at once. Maybe in the winter?? System is in a 70 avg house in the midwest

​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new