Heating Element and Controllers..Need your opinions!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
1,275
Reaction score
52
Location
Coral Heaven
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which ones do you guys/gals use?

My 2nd Blueline just crapped out on me.When my first one went i thought it just crapped out because it was old but my second one is less than a year old and its doing the same thing.I googled to see if others have had the same problem and there have been 2 recent posts in December by reefers saying that it was something to do with halide ballasts interfering with the controller.

So i'd like to know which Manufacturer/Brand others use and prefer...TIA
 
I have two Ranco's on separate systems each hooked to three Ehiem Jager 200w heaters for redundancy.
I carry a spare Jager heater which I can drop into either sump if there is a problem. Even if one of the heaters fails, the other two in each sump can maintain the temp. I have never had a Jager fail and have lost several Finnex and Marineland Stealth. I use the Stealth I took out of service to heat my saltwater makeup storage, which is about the only place I would trust it. The Jagers are very reasonably priced at about $22 for the 200w.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new