Heating for flow...?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
2,896
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious... how do you know if you have the right flow? I honestly do not know...

What I have been doing is this. 2 things really... maybe 3

I watch floating particles for movement across and around my tank. I look fo particles that don’t move. I don’t mind if I see them caught in an eddy... swirling around... they are moving.

I watch food distribution when I feed. ...are their empty spots that don’t get food... (Not in my tank: )

I have been doing a “net test” I have a small net I used for feeding (draining off liquids when the frozen foods thaw). When it is empty, it shows me how the water is moving... and how well. I put it next to each of the places I have an SPS species to see if the net stays “full” It is a good indication of water moving well near a coral.

Am I on the right track here?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new