Heller!!

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys so I recently heard this forums mentioned on a BRS YouTube video so I decided to check you guys out. Then I discovered an amazing healthy DIY section and was hooked. Especially with the whole reef pi thing!!

Anyone. I started reefing back a few years ago owned a tank for a couple years then had some children. Had to get rid of tank. Now I am in a better spot and have started back up. I am running a 40 breeder currently with a 29 gal diy sump. I am going to upgrade DT in about 3 to 4 months and gonna go with a 75 gal. I don’t know why but 75gal has always been my thing.

So there it is! Nice to see an active community. There are a couple other forums out there that are not very active!

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha yeah but I’ve noticed the expense of a larger tank vs a smaller tank is nutz. The price inscease it seems is exponential. Plus I got the wife that is giving me limits. But I here ya though. I wouldn’t mind having a 125 or a 220 shoot one of the local fish stores around me has a 300gal glass tank with stand an canopy she is selling for $400. It needs resealed. Which don’t bother me none and that is how I usually get my tanks to save some money. But that is a monsterous tank.

Sfplaya1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha yeah but I’ve noticed the expense of a larger tank vs a smaller tank is nutz. The price inscease it seems is exponential. Plus I got the wife that is giving me limits. But I here ya though. I wouldn’t mind having a 125 or a 220 shoot one of the local fish stores around me has a 300gal glass tank with stand an canopy she is selling for $400. It needs resealed. Which don’t bother me none and that is how I usually get my tanks to save some money. But that is a monsterous tank.
When I got my 108G. I told my parents I was upgrading to a tank the same size, which it was indeed just wider and taller

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Size matters. When I got back into the hobby, I started with a 60g cube. Overshot my budget by ~20%. Some time later, I sold that off, and upgraded to a custom 140. While planning this, I took into account that I'd blown my last budget, and bumped my estimates accordingly. 15 months in, I've blown my new budget by more than double, and I'm not done yet.

Eh. It's a hobby. All hobbies are money pits, it's the nature of the beast. Just go in with realistic expectations, and yes, bigger == much more money.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back