Hello all, New member here. Any expierenced clownfish breeders?

Octo clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Jon I have always been into aquariums since a young age. However only been into the salt side of things for about a year and a half. I sure have moved quickly in that short amount of time went from the easy stuff all the way to the hard stuff as far as corals go. Then just as fast sold it all and started breeding picasso clownfish which I have only been dping for the past 5.5-6 months. I have seemingly had a good fair amount of success doing it. I am looking to setup another reff tank just a simple mixed reef (ya right lol always upping the ante) I am hoping to meet some great people here on R2R and get some great advice as well as God willing for me to give some great advice as well.

The larger ones in the pictures are just slightly over 5months old and 2 - 2.25 inches and were only my second attempt ever at raising clownfish. The most of those guys have found new homes that is only about a quarter of the just under 250 that was there. It is a little difficult to get an exact number of how many now as I have not moved them since they were about 2 months and thats when I am able to count rough guess is about 60. The smaller ones in the video I have not yet attempted to count lol they are my 3rd attempt ever and there is some phenominal looking clowns in that bunch they are 3ish months old (Id have to look to get exact age) and about 1.25 inches. I have just recently started raising another clutch and cant wait to see whats in store.

Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-37-06~2.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-36-27~3.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-33-44.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-32-45.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Jon I have always been into aquariums since a young age. However only been into the salt side of things for about a year and a half. I sure have moved quickly in that short amount of time went from the easy stuff all the way to the hard stuff as far as corals go. Then just as fast sold it all and started breeding picasso clownfish which I have only been dping for the past 5.5-6 months. I have seemingly had a good fair amount of success doing it. I am looking to setup another reff tank just a simple mixed reef (ya right lol always upping the ante) I am hoping to meet some great people here on R2R and get some great advice as well as God willing for me to give some great advice as well.

The larger ones in the pictures are just slightly over 5months old and 2 - 2.25 inches and were only my second attempt ever at raising clownfish. The most of those guys have found new homes that is only about a quarter of the just under 250 that was there. It is a little difficult to get an exact number of how many now as I have not moved them since they were about 2 months and thats when I am able to count rough guess is about 60. The smaller ones in the video I have not yet attempted to count lol they are my 3rd attempt ever and there is some phenominal looking clowns in that bunch they are 3ish months old (Id have to look to get exact age) and about 1.25 inches. I have just recently started raising another clutch and cant wait to see whats in store.

Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-37-06~2.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-36-27~3.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-33-44.png Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-32-45.png
It sure does look like you are the right path for breeding them. The first secret to success it their diet to include the parents. I like to feed my breeding pairs LRS Fertility Frenzy and TDO.

Have you started a thread for breeding your clowns yet? If not, you should do so. I don't want to put a bunch of info here seeing as it will most likely get buried lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back