ZomboMeme 22102020185836.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All..

I'm new to the hobby, have been in freshwater for a while, if I had to say time it would be around 10 years.

I have been reading and trying to do research on the saltwater hobby for about a year and a half to two years maybe more, and finally decided to jump in. I picked up a Fluval evo 13.5 to start with. I was going to use my 90g fresh tanks to start, as I have read the bigger the better for newer people or for more stability. Having said that I just couldn't bring myself to tear down the system and re home the fish, and my kids/grand kids would kill me if I did, also lack of room for another big aquarium at least for now in my apartment.

I feel for me this was a good place to start in the hobby. As for now I'm working on my scape, still not sure if there is enough rock but around 10 to 15 ponds give or take and soon I hope to add water and cycle. BTW forgive flyers in the tank, still a work inprogress trying to figure it out for flow or dead spots.

Thanks Top-Scape.jpg

Hello and welcome to the channel.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome good to have you on deck here! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to meet people with similar interests as yourself and gain tons of knowledge about the hobby!

If you get a chance check out my YouTube channel I have episodes about R2R itself, and just my reefing journey in general! Hope to hear from you soon and welcome again!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back