Hello all

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jason2.5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome

20191011_200643.jpg
 
I did some digging of my own and the charts for botte the fresh water and saltwater API KH test kits are exactly the same.

The way test kits like these work is by measuring how much acid is needed to reduce the sample water to a ph of about 4.5.

@Randy Holmes-Farley explains it quite well in a interesting article on DIY alkalinity test here is a link to his article https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/a-diy-alkalinity-test.12/
 
I’m new to the hobby and need some help.

Can I use a fresh water API Gh & kH test kit to test saltwater?

Welcome to the R2R Family…Great to have you

As for the question about the API test kits....The best source of information will be the manufactures website...I have not used the API kits but I believe the KH can be used in both Freash & Salt water but I would confirm that with the manufacture... Here is a link to their site https://www.apifishcare.com/index.php

…Explore…Learn…Share

5KxK.gif
 
Welcome to the R2R Family…Great to have you

As for the question about the API test kits....The best source of information will be the manufactures website...I have not used the API kits but I believe the KH can be used in both Freash & Salt water but I would confirm that with the manufacture... Here is a link to their site https://www.apifishcare.com/index.php

…Explore…Learn…Share

5KxK.gif
Hy bud thanks ya I went on their site and had a look at the instructions for both the fresh water and saltwater kits and they are exactly the same except the GH is useless for saltwater.

However ive had to put a hold on everything now as I am moving soon and will run some proper tests with a decent kh tester and compare the readings and post them here
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new