Hello Everyone! I am ReefGeek11

ReefGeek11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone in very excited to join Reef2Reef! I look forward to asking a lot of question because I'm only about a year in on this hobby! I have a 6 gallon jbj and a 20 long reed tank! I'm learning everyday so please exscuse my knowledge on certain things but I will ask a bunch of question and learn from the best! Thanks!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. :)

OP
OP
ReefGeek11

ReefGeek11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! Reefgeek here, I am fairly new to this hobby, I'm coming up on a year, I have a 20 gallon long reef tank with two light fixtures, a Marineland Reef LED and Current USA Orbit Led specs below\/\/\/

Marineland 460nm blue/10,000K white LED and my USA Current Orbit LED 8,000K white along with 445nm actinic blue

Is this to much lighting for my tank? Corals seemed to be doing great with just one of the two lights on there but I was told that i need more light so I added the second fixture in there. What should I do? To much light? Just use one? Thanks! Picture is of tank with both fixtures. Thanks!
image.jpg

I am posting this here because I haven't had any one respond to my other posts on this question I have about led lighting, thanks to anyone that can help!

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, the lights you have will work for softies and some LPS corals but I have to play Tang Police on this one....a single tang in a 20 gallon is not recommended, let alone a yellow and a hippo...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back