OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Share a pic of your goby?!? 2ft? How big was your tank before the 32G?

Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
It was a 29 gallon. He’s huge but he doesn’t seem to mind the tank size. He just never stopped growing. 2ft is probably generous, he’s likely around 20-22 inches if I had to guess.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, I love eel like fish. You have got to post a picture!
Thing is I never see the turd. He literally only ever comes out when I move the rock around. He’ll pop out about half way for dinner time sometimes but until I moved tanks I hadn’t seen his whole body in years. I’ll try to get as much of a snapshot as I can of him next time I feed.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was 2-3 years ago I think. It’s the best full body shot (taken from a video I can’t get to upload) I have of him on my phone atm. He’s probably 1.5 times that now. I’m totally guessing at 2ft. He’s close to the length of my glass which is close to 2ft but I’d say he’s just a bit shorter. If I misrepresent his size I apologize I’m guessing at this point. I just know he’s huge. I tried to add a video but my phone sucks so here is a snapshot.

34456A66-F3BC-41DB-9A85-2B1D15AE1C7F.jpeg

Last edited:

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is I never see the turd. He literally only ever comes out when I move the rock around. He’ll pop out about half way for dinner time sometimes but until I moved tanks I hadn’t seen his whole body in years. I’ll try to get as much of a snapshot as I can of him next time I feed.
That's always the case with goby's ours disappeared into the tank, I thought it died. Was doing a water change, shifiting some rocks and bam goby mad that I was disturbing his kingdom. LOL

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was 2-3 years ago I think. It’s the best full body video I have of him on my phone atm. He’s probably 1.5 times that now. I’m totally guessing at 2ft. He’s close to the length of my glass which is close to 2ft but I’d say he’s just a bit shorter. I’m pretty sure I’d had him for like 4ish years when this video was taken. Also I loved rhat freaking nem. The thing got wayyyyy to big for my tank and had to go to my dads 120.
Wait where's the video?

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's always the case with goby's ours disappeared into the tank, I thought it died. Was doing a water change, shifiting some rocks and bam goby mad that I was disturbing his kingdom. LOL
I know right! He’s my favorite fish, I only have two but still. I just never see him. If I ever get him to come out again or I can find my video of the tank swap I’ll post it

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Easiest to refer to me by my username (normally shortened to Galen). I’m from KY. Have had my tank for 8 years now, my engineer goby has been with me that whole time. He’s approximately 2ft long now and a hog. Recently upgraded to a biocube 32 led. Love this hobby and love this forum. Thanks for all the help.
Welcome to R2R Galen. Wow 2ft long. I didn’t know they grew that big.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back