Hello everyone!

Patience1!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I am a new member here, from Ontario Canada. Have dabbled with fresh water and salt water tanks for decades now but I've never had a tank with a sump etc. because it makes me uneasy about a big spill. I've had mostly just FOWLR tanks because I generally eventually killed whatever coral I tried, and a 75G planted tank with all sorts of lovely freshwater fish. I currently have a FOWLR 29G tank with my Maroon pair, with a very old watchman goby and a pyjama cardinal. I've had these fish for well over 11 years now...

I've been drooling over the AIO tanks but they come with such large price-tags and I just can justify spending so much $$ only to kill some more coral. :-(

Anyways, I love reading about what everyone is doing and learning how to do things correctly.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

Don't be afraid of sumps they can be an incredible addition to an aquarium. It's a great place to put equipment to keep the display looking nice. And if you get a tank with a proper overflow like a bean animal style with emergency drains it's very very unlikely to overflow.

I have never personally owned an AIO aquarium but a lot of people have great luck with them.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I am a new member here, from Ontario Canada. Have dabbled with fresh water and salt water tanks for decades now but I've never had a tank with a sump etc. because it makes me uneasy about a big spill. I've had mostly just FOWLR tanks because I generally eventually killed whatever coral I tried, and a 75G planted tank with all sorts of lovely freshwater fish. I currently have a FOWLR 29G tank with my Maroon pair, with a very old watchman goby and a pyjama cardinal. I've had these fish for well over 11 years now...

I've been drooling over the AIO tanks but they come with such large price-tags and I just can justify spending so much $$ only to kill some more coral. :-(

Anyways, I love reading about what everyone is doing and learning how to do things correctly.
Hey patience1!,
Welcome to r2r.
You have the right moniker for success in this pasttime.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and definitely do a sump!!! :grimacing-face:
6DE66064-BD3B-4034-93DA-8433ABD24ADA.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back