Hello! First Reef Tank!

20180322_192326.jpg
anyone know what's on my Fish! First problem with sickness/disease and need help!

View attachment 20180322_192331.jpg
 
Fish are eating and acting normal but these spots are not.
 
Looks like Ich or velvet. Is this a new fish? How long has it had the spots? Is the fish flashing, breathing heavy, hiding from lights, or swimming into flow?
 
Is breathing a little heavy.. everything else is fine. No he has been in this system for months, and I don't know where this came from I haven't added anything in a WHILE. bad spots for about a week
 
Can we get a bit better picture of the spots.
 
Have you added anything else "wet" to the tank in the last 30 days or so? Corals, inverts, etc.
 
With those rather large spots on its face I'm leaning more toward Brook. Does the skin look like it is "peeling" or "sloughing off"? Didn't you have a sick clown?
 
Yes it does look like that!!!! And the clowns appear fine but when I turned black lights on I could see small traces of it on them.
 
The clowns are/were carriers earlier when you first got them. Brook can infect any fish. The fish need to be put into a QT and the tank needs to go fallow for 6 weeks to starve out the parasite.
 
@d2mini need to move this to Disease Treatment Forum
I'm going to leave it here because it started out as a meet and greet thread.
If OP wants, they can start a new thread in that forum but I think you've got him pretty well covered. Great advise. :)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new