0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef Bill.
excited.gif

Hamza Hamid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers and thanks for having me here! I'm probably one of the oldest reefer here at 63 years young. I'm a born and bred New Yorker but have immigrated to Australia in 1983 after meeting my better half while on USNavy shore leave in 1981. After my tours were up, I decided that Perth was where I wanted to bring up children. I was introduced to marine aquariums in 1985 and fell in love with the hobby instantly. Being so close to the Indian Ocean makes this hobby much easier and very interesting. The beaches here are pristine aqua marine. Crystal clear waters with amazing marine life to boot. Our sea water is delivered by a father and son small business They charge $50 per 1000 litres of clean filtered Indian Ocean water. My tank and sump takes up 1800 litres. I also have a 1000 litre storage tank outside. Considering the price of salt, this is a miraculous savings! There are many great LFS here and the selection of fauna available is amazing. I 1st had a 6x2x2 tank 25 years ago. I then got too busy with work and kids to continue. So, now that I'm semi retired I decided to get back into this a few months ago. I'm amazed at how things have progressed since then. From apps to LED lighting to awesome protein skimmers, most of all EXPERIENCE has nipped this hobby in the bud because people share their experiences via internet forums and YouTube - talk about instant answers to perplexing questions! It's awesome to be here in this forum. I look forward to getting to know you. Cheers!!
Welcome back to the reefers family. Share your oldest tank pictures if any available we would love to see the old tanks.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Beautiful tank, what a great start! Thanks for sharing :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back