Hello from a not so new newbie

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to show yet. Right now it's just a 90g tank, a Reef Octopus skimmer, and an Eheim 1262 and mostly stuff I held on to from my old setup. I will start a build thread when I get all the stuff I need for it.

Doing a lot of reading and research and tbh I'm a bit overwhelmed on the lighting choices.
Not sure if I should go LED or MH (I still have my old pendants and ballasts). I'm pretty handy so DIY LED is always an option also.

Been reading a lot of good things about Ocean Revive but it seems I can't find one for sale anywhere. At least not at a reasonable price anyway.
Welcome back to the hobby. You might not be new to it but it's very easy to fall behind current tech and methods. That's where this forum comes in handy.

Start a build thread if you're just getting restarted. :)

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a long hiatus from reefing I have decided to get back into it again.
I got started in the hobby in 2004 then life got complicated and I took a break from it in 2011 until now

I used to be very active on RC before I was banned (don't ask LOL) as well as Reeffrontiers. Some of you might even remember me from RC under the same name.

In any case, I am at the beginning stage of starting (AKA equipment hoarding) a 90g mixed reef . Planning for this tank to eventually be SPS dominated.
I feel a bit out of touch with all the brand names nowadays.
Welcome!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back