Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illustration Reaction GIF by Kochstrasse™ .agency

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy yall. My name is Brandon and I'm starting a new 75G fowlr. This will be my second saltwater tank, I have a 10G in the bedroom with one frostbite clown (the male jumped out and died last week). My plan was to place them in my new 75G when it was ready. Now im sad I only have the one clown. This will have a tidal 75 HOB filter and 300W Eheim heater. I have about 40 lbs of carib "life rock" the purple ones, soaking in RODI saltwater with IO bio-spira and some fish food, with a sponge from my 10G squeezed into the buckets. I have an additional 20lbs of carib "shapes" that I havent soaked yet. My plan is to tear down my fresh water 55G in the living room when I can find someone to give away my 3 giant danios and 2 yoyos, and then move in the new 75G and start the build. I have no lights picked out yet. Suggestions welcome. Thanks for taking me in.
Howdy from DFW and welcome to R2R!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy yall. My name is Brandon and I'm starting a new 75G fowlr. This will be my second saltwater tank, I have a 10G in the bedroom with one frostbite clown (the male jumped out and died last week). My plan was to place them in my new 75G when it was ready. Now im sad I only have the one clown. This will have a tidal 75 HOB filter and 300W Eheim heater. I have about 40 lbs of carib "life rock" the purple ones, soaking in RODI saltwater with IO bio-spira and some fish food, with a sponge from my 10G squeezed into the buckets. I have an additional 20lbs of carib "shapes" that I havent soaked yet. My plan is to tear down my fresh water 55G in the living room when I can find someone to give away my 3 giant danios and 2 yoyos, and then move in the new 75G and start the build. I have no lights picked out yet. Suggestions welcome. Thanks for taking me in.

Hi Brandon! Giving you a BIG HOWDY from your DFW neighbor! Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.0%
Back