Diving back in.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello r2r!
Ive been out of the hobby around 12 years. Prior experience was around 10 years. I got the bug when a friend gave me a 12g biocube back in 2000 it slowly progressed from there.

I was happy with my 2 percula clowns and a few softies in that tank for about 4 years until I got my own house and got married. After that my tanks got bigger and my taste in fish and corals changed. I eventually had a 125 and a 120 set up in two rooms plumbed to the basement sump. The basement sump if you'd call it that started to be its own setup. I had a 90 nps tank 3 100g stock tanks and 2 300g stock tanks and a 75g display fuge. Also had a few 10g tanks to raise the clown babies my fish kept having. System was as automated as possible back then a reefkeeper was the controller. I had a 250 gallon saltwater holding tank and a 100g ro/di holding tank for dealing with water changes which were done via a valve and a pump. Testing was manual via salifert and a few hanna meters near the end.

Ive kept quite a few fish and corals sps, lps, different softies (I have a soft spot for zoas). Some of my favorites though were my nps sun corals, dendros, and rhyzos. Mainly had t5 or mh for lighting as LEDs weren't really a thing yet. I think around 2008 I took my first step to LEDs with a kit from Steve's LEDs (diy led kit). I got out around 2010 or 2011. Wasn't my idea did it to make someone else happy. Spent about 5 years focusing on making them happy and not having any tanks at all. After I realized that they were not able to be truly happy I got a 180 that I set up as fresh water.

In 2019 I moved to a new house and now I only need to make me happy.....lol so I've been happily keeping about 15 tanks of fresh water. My tanks are varied but breeding Tanganyikian cichlids and fw shrimp has been fun. I've realized I'm kind of bored with these now though. So I've started to down size the fw and allocate my 180 a 90ish cube and maybe a 75 to salt again. I'm going to start with the cube and see how that goes.

I never had a r2r account before, I was on a couple local forums in the past. I still check those out but they are all but dead unfortunately, but r2r still seems lively!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and glad you are back to the hobby

look forward to hearing more

D6B011BA-D88F-4F2D-A589-CC7BF9C81854.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back