Hello from Argentina

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say hello and thank you for the adding. I´m fron Argentina, aquarist since 30 years, use to breed discus fish and have freswater planted tanks. Yeas ago, I had marine fishes when I was a kid (I´m 49 years old). Now starting a reef proyect. My tank dimesions are 90 x 90 cm (35 inchs) base x 50 cm (20 inch) tall, around 400 liters (110 gallons) without the sump. The aquarium has 2 Hicrew of 100w, 1 pump Aqua Medic DC Runner 5.3, 1 wave maker Aqua Medic Eco Drift 8.3, 1 Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve 5. I thinking in put a Lifeguard UV filter. What´s do you think? Is it positive? I want to have only a few fishes but a lot of corals (long term). Here are a few pics. Best regards for all !

Gianpi Pic 01.jpg Gianpi Pic 02.jpg Gianpi Pic 03.jpg
Welcome to R2R! Looking good! :D

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say hello and thank you for the adding. I´m fron Argentina, aquarist since 30 years, use to breed discus fish and have freswater planted tanks. Yeas ago, I had marine fishes when I was a kid (I´m 49 years old). Now starting a reef proyect. My tank dimesions are 90 x 90 cm (35 inchs) base x 50 cm (20 inch) tall, around 400 liters (110 gallons) without the sump. The aquarium has 2 Hicrew of 100w, 1 pump Aqua Medic DC Runner 5.3, 1 wave maker Aqua Medic Eco Drift 8.3, 1 Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve 5. I thinking in put a Lifeguard UV filter. What´s do you think? Is it positive? I want to have only a few fishes but a lot of corals (long term). Here are a few pics. Best regards for all !

Gianpi Pic 01.jpg Gianpi Pic 02.jpg Gianpi Pic 03.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Nice setup.

+1 vote yes for UV light

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back