OP
OP
Billyu40

Billyu40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the welcome and encouragement! I will definitely be using this site and the AZReefer’s to learn and grow in the hobby.

I took some advice from tharbin and recently purchased a RedSea 425 at Kona Reef. I’ll be posting pics once I get it home and setup.

Thank you again everyone for the welcoming words. As someone new to this hobby it made me feel much more comfortable to make the leap!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when your ready I have hammers and bi color frogspawn and great prices...these are not 3/4 to 1 inch frangs they are way bigger and some have 2 or more heads....

Attachments

• frogspawn frags.jpg
    frogspawn frags.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
  • hammer frgas.jpg
    hammer frgas.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 14

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey from Arizona. I’m new to aquariums and saltwater tanks. I’m trying to learn as much as possible before I buy stuff I don’t need. Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

Welcome! Glad you joined. You have a very smart plan!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I wish I had started thread while still in planning stages, and that sounds like where you may still be right now.

This might help you find people local to you in Arizona:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Billyu40

Billyu40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. You have a very smart plan!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I wish I had started thread while still in planning stages, and that sounds like where you may still be right now.

This might help you find people local to you in Arizona:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
That’s a great idea to start the thread of my own tank but I’m not sure how or where to create the thread. I’ll try to figure it out though.
I recently decided on a Red Sea 425 XL. I went with a Sicce Syncra 9.0, a Red Sea 600 skimmer with 2 Reefwave 25’s. For my lights I have 2 Red Sea ReefLED 90. I went with 80 lbs of Oceans Direct Caribbean Live Sand and some Artesian calcium carbonate rock to start with.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great idea to start the thread of my own tank but I’m not sure how or where to create the thread. I’ll try to figure it out though.
I recently decided on a Red Sea 425 XL. I went with a Sicce Syncra 9.0, a Red Sea 600 skimmer with 2 Reefwave 25’s. For my lights I have 2 Red Sea ReefLED 90. I went with 80 lbs of Oceans Direct Caribbean Live Sand and some Artesian calcium carbonate rock to start with.

This is info and links they gave me when I was new:

One fun way to learn from others and keep a record of your reef aquarium is to create your very own build thread! A build thread is just a thread that tells us about your aquarium and might include photos. You can create your build thread in one of these forums. MEMBER'S AQUARIUMS

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

khuchting724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey from Arizona. I’m new to aquariums and saltwater tanks. I’m trying to learn as much as possible before I buy stuff I don’t need. Thanks for allowing me to join the group.
Hey Billy. Welcome to the forum I have used R2R many times while trying to navigate the overwhelming tips and tricks to starting this hobby. Anything specific you want to know before you start your search for equipment?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back