Rating - 100%
14   0   0

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... What's Up Wreckless.. Welcome to R2R from another AZ Reefer.. I see that SawC already asked you where in AZ.. Glad you jumped in.. Can't wait to see pics... Saw and I and a bunch of other on here belong to the same club... Would love to have you attend a meeting sometime... Just let one of us know... :)

OP
OP
wr3ckl3ss

wr3ckl3ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... What's Up Wreckless.. Welcome to R2R from another AZ Reefer.. I see that SawC already asked you where in AZ.. Glad you jumped in.. Can't wait to see pics... Saw and I and a bunch of other on here belong to the same club... Would love to have you attend a meeting sometime... Just let one of us know... :)

Thanks! I'm in CO for business this week but I'll definitely post some pics when I get back home. I'm excited to put my new top on the Biocube and see how that looks.

Home is Gilbert, AZ btw

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm in CO for business this week but I'll definitely post some pics when I get back home. I'm excited to put my new top on the Biocube and see how that looks.

Home is Gilbert, AZ btw
Nice, I work in Gilbert and live in Queen Creek.

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R Peeps, been lurking for a while so figured it's time to say hello.

I'm pretty new to this but already seriously feeling the addiction. I started about 6 months ago with an IM Fusion Nano 10 tank (that was all I could get the wife to agree to at the time haha). I have a pretty good LFS with some really helpful and knowledgeable staff, plus been reading a ton of the posts on here so thanks for that!

My IM Fusion 10 Build:

Base tank
Stock pump
IM Media Shelf with Fiber Balls, Coarse GFO Pouch and ROX Carbon Pouch
Kessil A80 light
1inch sand bed
1 live rock
Livestock:
2 clowns, cleanup crew w/hermits - from Reef Cleaners , 3 small coral frags from my LFS (1x Zoa, 1x Goniopora, 1x Xenia)

This tank has been running about 6 months and for the most part everything seems happy although I have achieved from what I can tell about zero growth on any of the corals. They are open and extended and appear happy but just have stayed on their frags so far. One struggle I have had with it is crazy amounts of algae growth but I'm hoping my new cleanup crew is going to help with that.

I started a second tank about 2 months ago, which is a Biocube 32. For that one I ordered a custom replacement top from Octo Aquatics. Haven't installed it yet cause I'm still debating what light I want to put on it. Any suggestions anyone has about that would be appreciated. Looking at the AI Prime 16 HD but wondering if just one of those is enough.

Anyway happy to be joining the community. Love your posts and pictures
First off Welcome!!

Second, I am running a 29g biocube and after a lot of research I'm going with that ai prime hd. Looking at the par for the depth of our tank it will grow sps in top half, but as a cone top side wont work. And Lps should grow great at the bottom. I found this but I plan to prop mine up a little.
Screenshot_20191210-194132_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191210-194128_YouTube.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back