Hello from AZ

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Where are you from in this desert climate we call home? (I'm from Peoria.) There are quite a few reefers on this forum in the area. Stop by an AZ Frag meeting sometime -- good people there.
Arizona Hello.gif

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R Peeps, been lurking for a while so figured it's time to say hello.

I'm pretty new to this but already seriously feeling the addiction. I started about 6 months ago with an IM Fusion Nano 10 tank (that was all I could get the wife to agree to at the time haha). I have a pretty good LFS with some really helpful and knowledgeable staff, plus been reading a ton of the posts on here so thanks for that!

My IM Fusion 10 Build:

Base tank
Stock pump
IM Media Shelf with Fiber Balls, Coarse GFO Pouch and ROX Carbon Pouch
Kessil A80 light
1inch sand bed
1 live rock
Livestock:
2 clowns, cleanup crew w/hermits - from Reef Cleaners , 3 small coral frags from my LFS (1x Zoa, 1x Goniopora, 1x Xenia)

This tank has been running about 6 months and for the most part everything seems happy although I have achieved from what I can tell about zero growth on any of the corals. They are open and extended and appear happy but just have stayed on their frags so far. One struggle I have had with it is crazy amounts of algae growth but I'm hoping my new cleanup crew is going to help with that.

I started a second tank about 2 months ago, which is a Biocube 32. For that one I ordered a custom replacement top from Octo Aquatics. Haven't installed it yet cause I'm still debating what light I want to put on it. Any suggestions anyone has about that would be appreciated. Looking at the AI Prime 16 HD but wondering if just one of those is enough.

Anyway happy to be joining the community. Love your posts and pictures

IMG_20191112_193408_01.gif

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a favorite LFS in the area? I’ve been going to Artistic Aquariums which I’ve liked a lot
Artistic is pretty good, but I haven't has a lot of success with their fish. Most of the fish I have purchased from them have died in pretty short order. Some others in the area that I frequent are Reef Monster and Aquarium Arts. Aquarium arts looks a little run down and coral selection is non existent, but they have A LOT of fish and I have had VERY good success with them.

A couple of others that require a bit of a drive are Limited Edition Corals and Kona Reef.

OP
OP
wr3ckl3ss

wr3ckl3ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Artistic is pretty good, but I haven't has a lot of success with their fish. Most of the fish I have purchased from them have died in pretty short order. Some others in the area that I frequent are Reef Monster and Aquarium Arts. Aquarium arts looks a little run down and coral selection is non existent, but they have A LOT of fish and I have had VERY good success with them.

A couple of others that require a bit of a drive are Limited Edition Corals and Kona Reef.

Great info, thanks!!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with the fish I have purchased from Kona Reef. The only thing I have ever had to treat for during quarantine (QT) with them is internal parasites. I have never had to get out the copper during the QT phase with them. It could be good luck on my part too.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back