Hello from Bay Area California

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby - only 8 months into it. It's been a rollercoaster that's for sure. I initially started with SPS and saw them all die. I now mostly focus on zoas/palys but do have a few SPS and LPS. Unfortunately I am seeing bleaching occur on all my coral (even the zoas) :confused: well they sure do look nice when I get them brand new from someone else's tank :p

Here's my nano 20G.
20200722_192917_720.jpg

Please do point anything that looks worrysome. The reason I have a light so far off to the right is I am trying to see if more light (on that frag rack) will improve the bleaching situation or make it worse. I swear I hate this hobby sometimes, but seeing other's tanks keeps me going. Hopefully I can be there one day. And not be in great debt.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!

Cudaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby ! First and foremost don't get discouraged ... I've been keeping reef tanks for nearly 20 years ... sometimes with incredible success ... sometimes not ! We've all unfortunately killed coral at some point but the key is to try and learn what mistakes were made and try not to repeat those mistakes. Even I lost a SPS frag today to a mysterious case of RTN that I can't figure out but that's part of Reef Keeping ... just keep learning !

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby - only 8 months into it. It's been a rollercoaster that's for sure. I initially started with SPS and saw them all die. I now mostly focus on zoas/palys but do have a few SPS and LPS. Unfortunately I am seeing bleaching occur on all my coral (even the zoas) :confused: well they sure do look nice when I get them brand new from someone else's tank :p

Here's my nano 20G.
20200722_192917_720.jpg

Please do point anything that looks worrysome. The reason I have a light so far off to the right is I am trying to see if more light (on that frag rack) will improve the bleaching situation or make it worse. I swear I hate this hobby sometimes, but seeing other's tanks keeps me going. Hopefully I can be there one day. And not be in great debt.

Hello, also from the Bay! Welcome to R2R!

What are your parameters and lighting schedule?

Happy Reefing!

giphy.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back