Hello from Bay Area California

zoaprince

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
505
Reaction score
650
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby - only 8 months into it. It's been a rollercoaster that's for sure. I initially started with SPS and saw them all die. I now mostly focus on zoas/palys but do have a few SPS and LPS. Unfortunately I am seeing bleaching occur on all my coral (even the zoas) :confused: well they sure do look nice when I get them brand new from someone else's tank :p

Here's my nano 20G.
20200722_192917_720.jpg


Please do point anything that looks worrysome. The reason I have a light so far off to the right is I am trying to see if more light (on that frag rack) will improve the bleaching situation or make it worse. I swear I hate this hobby sometimes, but seeing other's tanks keeps me going. Hopefully I can be there one day. And not be in great debt.
 
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!
 
Welcome to the hobby ! First and foremost don't get discouraged ... I've been keeping reef tanks for nearly 20 years ... sometimes with incredible success ... sometimes not ! We've all unfortunately killed coral at some point but the key is to try and learn what mistakes were made and try not to repeat those mistakes. Even I lost a SPS frag today to a mysterious case of RTN that I can't figure out but that's part of Reef Keeping ... just keep learning !
 
I am new to the hobby - only 8 months into it. It's been a rollercoaster that's for sure. I initially started with SPS and saw them all die. I now mostly focus on zoas/palys but do have a few SPS and LPS. Unfortunately I am seeing bleaching occur on all my coral (even the zoas) :confused: well they sure do look nice when I get them brand new from someone else's tank :p

Here's my nano 20G.
20200722_192917_720.jpg


Please do point anything that looks worrysome. The reason I have a light so far off to the right is I am trying to see if more light (on that frag rack) will improve the bleaching situation or make it worse. I swear I hate this hobby sometimes, but seeing other's tanks keeps me going. Hopefully I can be there one day. And not be in great debt.

Hello, also from the Bay! Welcome to R2R!

What are your parameters and lighting schedule?

Happy Reefing!

giphy.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new