• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Hello from Chandler, Arizona

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Welcome to R2R, Greetings from Maricopa, AZ. :)

Sisterlimonpot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Right on! Be sure to say hi to the locals in the area. We have a thriving reefing community in Phoenix

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Great place to get some good info. You have an ambitious stocking schedule going on there right now.

OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Great place to get some good info. You have an ambitious stocking schedule going on there right now.
Haha yes, I'm fairly ambitious in my pursuits... For better or worse. Trying to slow down though and learn the fundamentals. Last time I had a reef tank I didn't, and it backfired. This approach is really helping.

Trick-or-Treat Yo'self Sale

How fast does coral grow in your tank?

• VERY Fast

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Pretty Fast

Votes: 50 13.2%
  • Medium Rate

Votes: 155 40.9%
  • Pretty Slow

Votes: 104 27.4%
  • VERY Slow

Votes: 39 10.3%