Hello from Chandler, Arizona

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Welcome to R2R, Greetings from Maricopa, AZ. :)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Right on! Be sure to say hi to the locals in the area. We have a thriving reefing community in Phoenix

OP
OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! Great place to get some good info. You have an ambitious stocking schedule going on there right now.

Haha yes, I'm fairly ambitious in my pursuits... For better or worse. Trying to slow down though and learn the fundamentals. Last time I had a reef tank I didn't, and it backfired. This approach is really helping.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back