Hello from Chandler, Arizona

Never had discus :eek: sounds like a lot of maintenance but beautiful fish!

Welcome to R2R and happy Reefing!

giphy.gif
 
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg

Hey man, nice tank. I had the same one with the EXT version. Didn't really need a sump with it so i think you made the right choice. I find that the best source for Aussie Golds is Austinaquafarms.com. They usually have 1 or 2 for sale at the best prices that i've seen. Check it out. oh and Welcome :)
 
Hey man, nice tank. I had the same one with the EXT version. Didn't really need a sump with it so i think you made the right choice. I find that the best source for Aussie Golds is Austinaquafarms.com. They usually have 1 or 2 for sale at the best prices that i've seen. Check it out. oh and Welcome :)

I literally just bought one last night with a scoly! :DThanks for the tip and compliment!
 
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Hello and welcome to the channel. I have been to Chandler, AZ and our best friends live just south of Mesa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new