Hello from Chandler, Arizona

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had discus :eek: sounds like a lot of maintenance but beautiful fish!

Welcome to R2R and happy Reefing!

giphy.gif

SirHealsALot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg

Hey man, nice tank. I had the same one with the EXT version. Didn't really need a sump with it so i think you made the right choice. I find that the best source for Aussie Golds is Austinaquafarms.com. They usually have 1 or 2 for sale at the best prices that i've seen. Check it out. oh and Welcome :)

OP
OP
dylandionysius

dylandionysius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, nice tank. I had the same one with the EXT version. Didn't really need a sump with it so i think you made the right choice. I find that the best source for Aussie Golds is Austinaquafarms.com. They usually have 1 or 2 for sale at the best prices that i've seen. Check it out. oh and Welcome :)

I literally just bought one last night with a scoly! :DThanks for the tip and compliment!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! After being a longtime stalker on the forum, I've finally decided to join. Currently, I have a two month old IM 30l with SPS, LPS, and a few softies. I've been terrorizing the local reef Facebook groups with endless questions, so I figured R2R is the logical next step I've had aquariums for about 20 years now of various kinds. My last project was a discus tank, and I decided to move to reefing because I got tired of 4 water changes every week.

Below is a most recent picture of my tank. I just got a couple of Ai primes, running David Saxbys setting (acclimation period with 50% reduction). My BTA and hammer aren't very happy with the new lighting, but I assume that's because its only day 2.

Excited to learn from everyone here, and hopefully get ideas for future steps. My next goal is to get a Aussie gold torch, but they're so difficult to find. So if you have any leads, send them my way!

All the best,
Dylan

IMG_4982.jpeg
Hello and welcome to the channel. I have been to Chandler, AZ and our best friends live just south of Mesa.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back