Hello from Chicago!

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February will mark 3 years of Reefkeeping for me. My previous experience consists of my father keeping saltwater aquariums when I was growing up in the 80s, and he had a tropical fish wholesale company. I was a Marine Biology major for part of my time in college.
Currently I work as a pilot and spend some time on the road, but am still able to keep reef tanks. Currently running: I have a Waterbox 10 under a Kessil A80 with LPS and a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 with a Gen 5 XR15 pro with LPS.
I suppose I need to do a build thread because I just bought a Waterbox 90.3 that I have to plumb.
For now, my interests are LPS and shrimp that I collect on our yearly trips to The Keys (Ancylomenes pedersoni, Periclimenes yucatanicus, Thor sp.)

Anyone else have a reef tank and spend 3-4 days away from home at a time?

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I vacation a several times a year for a week or two at a time. I am fortunate that my brother in law watches the aquarium for me. I have just about everything automated other then feeding so he takes care of that while I am gone.

So far for for the last 4 years or so that I have been doing it this way he hasn't managed to crash my tank.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R! I live in central Illinois. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. I’d love to see your build as it progresses. As you’re probably seeing you’ll find friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people here. It’s neat that you collect shrimp for your tanks. I hope to be able to do so as well once I get to go back to Florida. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
cpoynter

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R! I live in central Illinois. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. I’d love to see your build as it progresses. As you’re probably seeing you’ll find friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people here. It’s neat that you collect shrimp for your tanks. I hope to be able to do so as well once I get to go back to Florida. Happy reefing!
Send me a message when you get back down there. I’ll let you know my spots & what can be readily & legally collected.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

william Lutman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February will mark 3 years of Reefkeeping for me. My previous experience consists of my father keeping saltwater aquariums when I was growing up in the 80s, and he had a tropical fish wholesale company. I was a Marine Biology major for part of my time in college.
Currently I work as a pilot and spend some time on the road, but am still able to keep reef tanks. Currently running: I have a Waterbox 10 under a Kessil A80 with LPS and a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 with a Gen 5 XR15 pro with LPS.
I suppose I need to do a build thread because I just bought a Waterbox 90.3 that I have to plumb.
For now, my interests are LPS and shrimp that I collect on our yearly trips to The Keys (Ancylomenes pedersoni, Periclimenes yucatanicus, Thor sp.)

Anyone else have a reef tank and spend 3-4 days away from home at a time?
Welcome to a fellow Chicago area peep

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back