Hello from Deltona.

Rororeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sort of a newbie at reefing. Sort of because about ten years ago, I almost started a tank. I had done about a years worth of research and had gathered up a lot of equipment, was ready to begin and then my wife got sick and I had to put things on hold for awhile. Well she passed away a few years after that and I lost interest. Then about a month ago I got an offer to acquire a tank from an acquaintance, and got excited enough to jump back in. I have recently re-married and my wife is excited too. I crammed about another years worth of research into the last month and I found not a lot of the basics have changed. I will be hanging out on the beginners forums and I am sure I will find much of what I need there. Wish me luck.
OK, all of what I just wrote came directly from my profile. Now, about my setup.
I got a great deal on a 110 gal (don't know the brand) stand, hood, ATI Sunpower 6 bulb T5, Aqua sterilizer, sump, two Eheim 900 gph pumps, and two Vortech MP 40s, all I had to buy is a skimmer, rock and sand, test kits and some miscellaneous stuff.
So I;d like to post my build. Can someone point me the way please?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome :) You can start your build here by starting a new thread

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sort of a newbie at reefing. Sort of because about ten years ago, I almost started a tank. I had done about a years worth of research and had gathered up a lot of equipment, was ready to begin and then my wife got sick and I had to put things on hold for awhile. Well she passed away a few years after that and I lost interest. Then about a month ago I got an offer to acquire a tank from an acquaintance, and got excited enough to jump back in. I have recently re-married and my wife is excited too. I crammed about another years worth of research into the last month and I found not a lot of the basics have changed. I will be hanging out on the beginners forums and I am sure I will find much of what I need there. Wish me luck.
OK, all of what I just wrote came directly from my profile. Now, about my setup.
I got a great deal on a 110 gal (don't know the brand) stand, hood, ATI Sunpower 6 bulb T5, Aqua sterilizer, sump, two Eheim 900 gph pumps, and two Vortech MP 40s, all I had to buy is a skimmer, rock and sand, test kits and some miscellaneous stuff.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your loss, but sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is so important both for life (as you know) and for this hobby/your tank (because things happen).

This is a good online reference book type article I still review:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back