G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!!!
When you reseal, post pics and a video, love to see it!!!
ZomboMeme 14062021180618.jpg

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been the hobby for about two years and have had four used tanks.
16 Gallon Biocube - now sold but I still have my first cleaner and clown from that tank which was a great way to get into the hobby.
75 Gallon - drilled with 30 gallon sump underneath. Made a DIY air skimmer and learned that if your intake gets clogged and you have an ATO, your tank will overflow on vacation.
60 Gallon - Purchased this one to move the 75 gallon when we got a new house. It's very high and difficult to clean but beautiful shape. Sump is underneath and small (my aching back)
210 gallon (not drilled). Just purchased used last week. I couldn't watch while the movers took it down to my basement. It's not drilled. I'll be re-sealing it myself. See my questions about a sump inside the tank. I'm going to take my time setting this one up. Making my first DIY rock!

Anyway, thank you for this forum. It's pretty incredible.

Lou

Welcome, from a neighbor in NW Aurora!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your rocks (and everything else on your build thread) are really cool. I like the stamps you used! Is there PVC inside? I was thinking of having some "rock encrusted" PVC to route flow to different parts of my tank. I also liked using the PVC plates as feet for the rocks. Great idea!
yep. all pvc with the 2 part putty. no rock in the tank.

RocksNStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, your rocks (and everything else on your build thread) are really cool. I like the stamps you used! Is there PVC inside? I was thinking of having some "rock encrusted" PVC to route flow to different parts of my tank. I also liked using the PVC plates as feet for the rocks. Great idea!
How do we find build threads on here?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome!

welcome to the show.
did someone say diy rock?
check my build. if the project interests you, msg me. :cool:

I see you already found your way here, I was going to tag you for this exact reason.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally you can click the banner under the users name, as long as they have it linked. Otherwise it's a dig through the member's tanks forums.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been the hobby for about two years and have had four used tanks.
16 Gallon Biocube - now sold but I still have my first cleaner and clown from that tank which was a great way to get into the hobby.
75 Gallon - drilled with 30 gallon sump underneath. Made a DIY air skimmer and learned that if your intake gets clogged and you have an ATO, your tank will overflow on vacation.
60 Gallon - Purchased this one to move the 75 gallon when we got a new house. It's very high and difficult to clean but beautiful shape. Sump is underneath and small (my aching back)
210 gallon (not drilled). Just purchased used last week. I couldn't watch while the movers took it down to my basement. It's not drilled. I'll be re-sealing it myself. See my questions about a sump inside the tank. I'm going to take my time setting this one up. Making my first DIY rock!

Anyway, thank you for this forum. It's pretty incredible.

Lou
Hi Lou and Welcome!

You already have great experience and glad you joined

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is info they gave me for build threads:
One fun way to learn from others and keep a record of your reef aquarium is to create your very own build thread! A build thread is just a thread that tells us about your aquarium and might include photos. You can create your build thread in one of these forums. MEMBER'S AQUARIUMS

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

Back