Hello from Fairbanks, Alaska!

Ugh. Someone else closer to a real LFS!
Still about a hour away from there but yeah. I believe shipping to fairbanks is better than to the valley from what I remember. So atleast you have that.
 
Still about a hour away from there but yeah. I believe shipping to fairbanks is better than to the valley from what I remember. So atleast you have that.
I won't ship corals I can't see in person. We have the worst Petco in the country. No other LFS.
376575257_704497268305363_1667008844533709938_n.jpg
 
23 years ago I exited reefing in Fairbanks. Had a 180 gallon there for around 4 years. It can be done :-)

Boy that was a long time ago. Just recently rejoined and starting up tanks.

Welcome and happy reefing.
 
Last edited:
I won't ship corals I can't see in person. We have the worst Petco in the country. No other LFS.
376575257_704497268305363_1667008844533709938_n.jpg
Yeah that’s not good. Our local one here doesn’t carry saltwater anymore. They couldn’t keep anything alive once the one guy quit.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 
Yeah that’s not good. Our local one here doesn’t carry saltwater anymore. They couldn’t keep anything alive once the one guy quit.
We head to the lower 48 a couple times a year nd take a small carry-on cooler with us for frags. Between that and Amazon we're doing ok.
 
Hi everybody! Old time reefer, new to this site. I think I may be the only coral reefer in central Alaska.
Welcome to R2R ! You will love it here, very nice and knowledgeable folks here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new