Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from Wi and soon to be Doral, Florida

welcome65.jpg

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I can't help too much with your lighting, but just wanted to say hi. Miami Lakes is a beautiful area. I actually grew in Coral Gables. I really miss it sometimes, especially on days like today when it's cold, dreary, and raining in Tennessee!

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Returning to the reef hobby. Had a 90 gal corner tank with no overflow and poor lighting. My kids loved sitting with me and watching our own reef. But as explained the limited equipment and funds to improve soon became disappointing and frustrating. We recently purchased a Fluval Flex marine 32.5 gal tank. After setting up with live sand and a mixture of life and live rock, I changed the filtration system by adding 2 intank media baskets. The tank has finally cycled and I am in need of getting the right spectrum on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting that came with the tank. The light boast 25,000k and has an app to control the lighting spectrum. So far I am using a slightly modified preset, see attached. Now I am looking to add softies like shrooms, Xenia’, zoo‘s and I have been looking at a torch frag in my lfs. Now that I have briefed you all, I ask for any suggestions for improving the lighting. R2R has been highly rec’d for getting great input. I want to wow my kids again, who are now teens and young adults. Let me know if I need to give more details. I have read some threads on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting, but none who have this tank. I am also looking to add another light, which the hood allows a second light to be added, but Fluval has not released into production yet. In fact, this system is not even on there website yet. Thanks in advance, looking forward to your thoughts, comments and input.

9DC84189-120C-4312-948C-46AC2BB17D49.jpeg
Looks like your on your way. I personally can not help with that particular lighting system but you should get plenty of help.
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby.

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Returning to the reef hobby. Had a 90 gal corner tank with no overflow and poor lighting. My kids loved sitting with me and watching our own reef. But as explained the limited equipment and funds to improve soon became disappointing and frustrating. We recently purchased a Fluval Flex marine 32.5 gal tank. After setting up with live sand and a mixture of life and live rock, I changed the filtration system by adding 2 intank media baskets. The tank has finally cycled and I am in need of getting the right spectrum on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting that came with the tank. The light boast 25,000k and has an app to control the lighting spectrum. So far I am using a slightly modified preset, see attached. Now I am looking to add softies like shrooms, Xenia’, zoo‘s and I have been looking at a torch frag in my lfs. Now that I have briefed you all, I ask for any suggestions for improving the lighting. R2R has been highly rec’d for getting great input. I want to wow my kids again, who are now teens and young adults. Let me know if I need to give more details. I have read some threads on the Fluval Marine 3.0 lighting, but none who have this tank. I am also looking to add another light, which the hood allows a second light to be added, but Fluval has not released into production yet. In fact, this system is not even on there website yet. Thanks in advance, looking forward to your thoughts, comments and input.

9DC84189-120C-4312-948C-46AC2BB17D49.jpeg
Hello, I am also in Florida. In Hialeah would like to know where you buy your supplies at looking forward to seeing your tank grow

OP
OP
Petermiamilakes

Petermiamilakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am also in Florida. In Hialeah would like to know where you buy your supplies at looking forward to seeing your tank grow
I usually go to Beverlys. I used to go to Fish Collection in NMB, but they closed beginning of March. Alway looking for new places.

OP
OP
Petermiamilakes

Petermiamilakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora growing white tips. Have had this Montipora for over a month and a half. Has been doing fine till a couple of days ago. Nothing much has changed. Water is same, tank is a little high on Nitrates about 60-80 but it has been thriving until now. Thinking maybe I need to move it down it’s not too high in the water. Everything else is doing great.

18CEE4DE-FE9B-4333-B5A9-B72E38D588E8.jpeg

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually go to Beverlys. I used to go to Fish Collection in NMB, but they closed beginning of March. Alway looking for new places.
The reason I ask is because there is not that many good shops in Hialeah, where is Beverlys at? In my area if the fish are good the corals are bad, and if the coral are good the fish are bad. I usually go to Strictly Fish it is by Tropical Park, they have good fish and coral. Thanks for sharing info

OP
OP
Petermiamilakes

Petermiamilakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I ask is because there is not that many good shops in Hialeah, where is Beverlys at? In my area if the fish are good the corals are bad, and if the coral are good the fish are bad. I usually go to Strictly Fish it is by Tropical Park, they have good fish and coral. Thanks for sharing info
Beverlys is on Pines Blvd and University. 8356 Pines Blvd. 954-322-1112 they have limited hours due to Corona, so call first. Best and cleanest place around. Have been there for years. Very friendly and fair pricing.

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beverlys is on Pines Blvd and University. 8356 Pines Blvd. 954-322-1112 they have limited hours due to Corona, so call first. Best and cleanest place around. Have been there for years. Very friendly and fair pricing.
Hey Peter went to Beverlys today what a great place. Everything and thing for your aquarium is there couldn't come home empty handed pick up a rock flower and indigo hammer and of course a saltwater aquarium ain't nothing without a clownfish. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Petermiamilakes

Petermiamilakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Peter went to Beverlys today what a great place. Everything and thing for your aquarium is there couldn't come home empty handed pick up a rock flower and indigo hammer and of course a saltwater aquarium ain't nothing without a clownfish. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you enjoyed Beverly’s. Been going there for years. Love that place. Hope you enjoy your new editions.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back