Hello from New Mexico USA

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! You’ll find the people here to be friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

It sounds like you’re off to a good start. It’s good that you’re researching before adding things. It’ll make your experience much better than it would be otherwise. Don’t be afraid to ask questions though. It’s why we’re here!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Glad to be here! My tank background ... have had planted freshwater aquariums for years; had a 55 gal FOWLR for quite a while. Just ordered a Fluval Evo and looking forward to setting up a nano reef. Lots of useful info on this forum. I promise to attempt research before posting my inevitable newbie questions, lol.

- Dave

Hi Dave and Welcome! Glad you joined. I've also got a reef tank and FOWLR tank (and then assorted support tanks lol). Wondering if you saw 2022 Q4 Reef Hobbyist Magazine (free at LFSs and available online, some get a subscription) that did a wonderful write up on planted saltwater tank(s).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider doing a thread for each tank (entirely up to you), but they will only give you one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in New Mexico:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks. Glad to be here! My tank background ... have had planted freshwater aquariums for years; had a 55 gal FOWLR for quite a while. Just ordered a Fluval Evo and looking forward to setting up a nano reef. Lots of useful info on this forum. I promise to attempt research before posting my inevitable newbie questions, lol.

- Dave
Welcome.. im in Albuquerque. Let me know when you are ready for some sps corals.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

- Dave
Hi there! Sorry I'm late to the welcome wagon. This is a great place to do your research! Lots of older threads with tons of information and a lot of friendly people here that are willing to help you along the way. Glad you're here!

Back