Hello from PA

comsubin61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am very new to the salt water hobby, in fact I haven’t even started yet. I do have a 120 gallon tank with stand but nothing else. I am a long time scuba diving instructor and like things natural, so my tank will be as close as to real as I can get it. I can definitely use your help. Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I am sure to learn a lot from you guys and gals.

#reefsquad

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. Well this is timely....just saw the news today. With you a dive instructor from King of Prussia, you must know about Dutch Springs....a water resort used for checkout dives. The resort has been sold to turn into warehouses!

bReefedBaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am very new to the salt water hobby, in fact I haven’t even started yet. I do have a 120 gallon tank with stand but nothing else. I am a long time scuba diving instructor and like things natural, so my tank will be as close as to real as I can get it. I can definitely use your help. Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I am sure to learn a lot from you guys and gals.

#reefsquad
Welcome to R2R!
The speed of the snail you see here is going faster than any new person should ever go in this hobby. It’s definitely a hobby that’ll test your patience, take your time with EVERYTHING. Learn as much as you can, soak up as much as you can and ask questions. Everyone on R2R goes out of their way to help. We’re a little reefing family you’ll soon find out. *BRS 52wks. of reefing on YouTube is great! Welcome again.
Snail GIF by MotoGP

OP
OP
comsubin61

comsubin61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VWelcome to R2R! As a scuba instructor, I'm curious what you'll end up placing in your tank. Do you have particular fish or coral you like and hope to care for?

Not sure yet. I am thinking of taking pictures when I go to my next reef dive and just recreate it in my tank. I would like a high rocks wall the height of the tank and most of the width with places for the fish to hide or swim through. That should give me a lot of real estate for the corals.

OP
OP
comsubin61

comsubin61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
The speed of the snail you see here is going faster than any new person should ever go in this hobby. It’s definitely a hobby that’ll test your patience, take your time with EVERYTHING. Learn as much as you can, soak up as much as you can and ask questions. Everyone on R2R goes out of their way to help. We’re a little reefing family you’ll soon find out. *BRS 52wks. of reefing on YouTube is great! Welcome again.
Snail GIF by MotoGP
Thank you. Sound advice.

OP
OP
comsubin61

comsubin61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. Well this is timely....just saw the news today. With you a dive instructor from King of Prussia, you must know about Dutch Springs....a water resort used for checkout dives. The resort has been sold to turn into warehouses!
I use to do the certification dives there. I probably did a couple of thousand certs there of all levels. I loved it was a fun place to dive except the cold water but I dove in a dry suit unlike my students. ;-)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back