0   0   0
Looks great.
welcome 1.jpg

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a jaw dropping tank and more so because you made it! welcome to the community of R2R!

I have never built a tank, but do you think a brace across the center would have helped the bowing? I know its kinda late now to do it, but maybe for future reference (and maybe for reference for me if I ever get the courage to build one) ?

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya'll! Im Joseph from San Antonio, Texas. I joined about a month ago but I've been in the hobby for about 4 years and I love it. My favorite parts are diy and corals. I got a build thread up and running of my new setup. I happy to chat and learn about the hobby from ya'll!

I have attached a pic of my current system that I'm working on replacing soon. It's a hand made rimless acrylic peninsula 24X36X16.
IMG_3776.jpg
Nice tank man !!! and WELCOME to R2R!!!

OP
OP
its.jojo

its.jojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a jaw dropping tank and more so because you made it! welcome to the community of R2R!

I have never built a tank, but do you think a brace across the center would have helped the bowing? I know its kinda late now to do it, but maybe for future reference (and maybe for reference for me if I ever get the courage to build one) ?

Thank you!

The main goal for that tank was to be braceless. I thought I could pull it off.

But after that tank, the only way I’d build one now is with a full brace all the way around. Eg. cutting a top piece that covers the entire top opening and cutting out an opening (leaving a brace that is a minimum of 2” all the way around from a solid piece). And I really mean minimum. Keep an eye on my build thread. The new tank is in the works. Handmade as well. But with a hefty brace this time. And much larger water volume.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back