Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been lurking and learning for a while needed to do an intro. I have kept freshwater aquariums in the past which I enjoyed. I did have one 55 gallon reef tank many years ago when my kids were younger but do to work schedule and a complete crash got out of the hobby. Fast forward to the birth of my grandson and finding some old tanks while cleaning my basement decided to get back into the hobby. I set up a 10 gallon nano reef (should have listened and not start out this small) and a 5 gallon freshwater dwarf shrimp and betta tank for my grandchildren (mostly grandson because he loves everything in nature).

Decided to move everything still alive from the 10 gallon tank to a 40 gallon breeder + 20 gallon long sump. Will do a build thread at some point. Still gathering supplies and equipment at the moment. Great site with a ton of info. My almost 4 year old grandson and I love sitting (yes the only time he is not moving) and looking and feeding the Betta. He helps me out and since these are his tanks I can spend what I need LOL.
Welcome!

Glad you've graduated from lurking to joining! Your grandson will learn so much by watching you and helping. This is really a family hobby at our house, too

OP
OP
J

jimaltm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group ... happy to have you with us! Plenty of help[ and advice here for certain! Be certain to explore the site and share the pics of other member's tanks here with your grandson ... may keep him still a little longer! ;)
I will he loves to watch the aquarium youtube channels

mdrieder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
I'm located in West Chester, PA and a Temple student, I may be close enough if you ever need physical assistance grandpa, good luck with the tanks!
Ifc Welcome Aboard GIF

OP
OP
J

jimaltm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
I'm located in West Chester, PA and a Temple student, I may be close enough if you ever need physical assistance grandpa, good luck with the tanks!
Ifc Welcome Aboard GIF
Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it someday

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back