Hello from STL!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alev_Apex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So just to update everyone! I have been persuaded to go against the 55g. I'm going to try to find a bigger size. I was about to drill for a shadow box but decided against it because of the strength of the glass. Also it would be incredibly hard to aquascape. Idk what size I'm going to do now. Kinda on a stand still! What size should I do now?

Oddly my original purchase was a standard 55 I ended up scrapping. I went with a standard 120g (4x4x2) without breaking the bank. Just one of many suggestions.
 
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 5.10.55 PM.png
 
I bought a house last year and finally about to start building my first saltwater tank!

Been watching BRS and many youtube channels learning about saltwater aquariums.

A local store was selling a 55g slim aquarium, stand with a sump!

I am working on my house so building a aquarium will be put on the back burner for a few months but I'll have to clean! Going to reseal the aquarium and at least start plumbing at least for this year.

I might be able to save some money on sales during the holidays for an overflow, return pump, lights, and wave makers.

The sump might be an issue on figuring out how to plumb it correctly. Idk how I'm going to do it for filtering with socks or the paper roll filter. I'll take some pictures sometime.

Also kinda wondering how I'm going to aqua scape with the tank being so skinny.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20191015-201915_Facebook-01.jpeg
Welcome....Great to have you as part of the R2R Family...You have an awesome adventure ahead of you...Explore...Learn....Share
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new