Hello from STL!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to update everyone! I have been persuaded to go against the 55g. I'm going to try to find a bigger size. I was about to drill for a shadow box but decided against it because of the strength of the glass. Also it would be incredibly hard to aquascape. Idk what size I'm going to do now. Kinda on a stand still! What size should I do now?

Oddly my original purchase was a standard 55 I ended up scrapping. I went with a standard 120g (4x4x2) without breaking the bank. Just one of many suggestions.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 5.10.55 PM.png

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a house last year and finally about to start building my first saltwater tank!

Been watching BRS and many youtube channels learning about saltwater aquariums.

A local store was selling a 55g slim aquarium, stand with a sump!

I am working on my house so building a aquarium will be put on the back burner for a few months but I'll have to clean! Going to reseal the aquarium and at least start plumbing at least for this year.

I might be able to save some money on sales during the holidays for an overflow, return pump, lights, and wave makers.

The sump might be an issue on figuring out how to plumb it correctly. Idk how I'm going to do it for filtering with socks or the paper roll filter. I'll take some pictures sometime.

Also kinda wondering how I'm going to aqua scape with the tank being so skinny.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20191015-201915_Facebook-01.jpeg
Welcome....Great to have you as part of the R2R Family...You have an awesome adventure ahead of you...Explore...Learn....Share

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back