Hello from STL!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alev_Apex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alev_Apex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a house last year and finally about to start building my first saltwater tank!

Been watching BRS and many youtube channels learning about saltwater aquariums.

A local store was selling a 55g slim aquarium, stand with a sump!

I am working on my house so building a aquarium will be put on the back burner for a few months but I'll have to clean! Going to reseal the aquarium and at least start plumbing at least for this year.

I might be able to save some money on sales during the holidays for an overflow, return pump, lights, and wave makers.

The sump might be an issue on figuring out how to plumb it correctly. Idk how I'm going to do it for filtering with socks or the paper roll filter. I'll take some pictures sometime.

Also kinda wondering how I'm going to aqua scape with the tank being so skinny.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20191015-201915_Facebook-01.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R!!! Congratulations on your new home and your new saltwater adventure!
 
Welcome!!! We are here to help in any way we can. You are not alone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new