ZomboMeme 25112020204038.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

While I'm not new to reefing, it's been a while since my last tank, a 6 gallon nano. You can see the thread about it over here:

Sadly, I lost that nano cube due to a poor DIY fuge I built and it leaked while I was at work. Needless to say I lost everything and was pretty sad about the whole thing. Luckily, it didn't do any damage to our apartment we were living in at the time.

I recently found Bulk Reef Supply on YouTube (the ULM series) and was introduced to all the new stuff in reefing and all that has changed since 2008. And now that enough time has passed and I now own my forever dream home, I'm ready to get back in especially with all the automation that is available! I've always dreamed of a big reef tank with a lot of fish, and I can't wait to get a new tank(s) and start building!

My house has an open floor plan with the kitchen, living room, and dining room all in one big great room. The plan is a 200 gallon peninsula in the dining room with a sump on the other side of the wall in the laundry room, and a 2nd display tank (50 gallon) for my wife, plumbed to the same sump.

I've already started buying stuff from BRS, I have the RO/DI unit I want, and I've ordered 2 x 200 gallon open top tanks for fresh / salt water in the garage from tank-depot.com.

I've been waiting for the holiday sales and the tanks are on sale (sadly the sump isn't) so I think it's time to get these now as well.

I'd love any input on the plan or tanks I plan to get, I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on Friday 11/27/2020

I'm also curious if anyone uses 3D computer modeling to mock up a plan and what they use to do that. I do system engineering for my job, but I don't do much with design or UI.
Hello and welcome

Back