Hello, getting back into Reef after a 10 year Discus stint

Jawfishracing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Here a brief intro, My name is Fred and I'm located in the province of Quebec, Canada, for the last 10 years I've been breeding Discus. Prior to that spell I had a nice system consisting of 90 gallon reef display with a 40 gallon sump/refugium and 40 gallons frag tank. The Discus bug is gone and I want to get back to Reefing. I was building a nice little 8ftX12ft Fishroom in my basement.

My plan is to is to keep that room as my Reef Room, I want to house my mixing station, sump, a frag station, I also want to have a couple of quarantine tanks for corals and new fish, for this I'll be recycling my 35 gallons cubes. I'm also planning to recycle my 110 gallons tank as a main sump for a planned 300 gallons display tank I have a nook in my basement, that's 8 feet long and 30 inches deep that's begs to be filled with a large display tank. First I need to finish that basement.

My first project is to recycle my four 65 gallon discus grow-out stand into a Frag station, the 65 are being replaced by some 40 gallons Breeders. I will be posting this in the frag section, when I start making headway. Right now I need to use the search button and read up, since a lot of things have changed in the last 10 years.

Cheers, Fred

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (23).gif

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back