OP
Pete Horwath

Pete Horwath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sir. I've done my scuba thing worldwide as well Started diving at 14 and started serious diving in 1977 whilst in the Navy. After those years I went civilian Master Diver with SDI/TDI & NAUI. I enjoy diving the loop more than with double 100's filled with Nitrox.

Thanks for sharing.
I'm Master Diver thru SSI. prefer warm clear reef diving. I would love to use my diving for this hobby. Anyone know where/whats legal to collect?

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, I'm Pete from NC. I'm new here so just wanted to introduce myself. I've been in FW for years but this is only my first year with Reefs and I've already made 10 years of mistakes. Got into Marine because I'm a Master Scuba diver so bringing the reef home was a must! Now not sure which hobby I like better.

Currently obsession includes:

FW 75 Gal FW39 Gal
120 Gal Mixed Reef Tank
30 Gal QT Tank & two 20 Gal QT Tanks
Fish I have: 1 Mimic Tang, 2 Clowns, 5 YT Damsels, Coral Beauty, Neon Goby, File Fish, Fox Face and BOB the Lawnmower Blennie

MY Display Tank has been Fallow for 5 weeks as I learned the hard way to QUARANTINE, QUARANTINE and QUARANTINE. We have been through Marine Ich (lost one fish) and right on the heals of it we are finishing up a bad case of Marine Velvet (all survived, fingers crossed) Hopefully all fish will be back in the DT by Thanksgiving.
Welcome Pete! Master Diver thru SSI and NC native here too! I'm in Lake Norman area north of Charlotte. Amazing community here, glad you found it/us.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Master Diver thru SSI. prefer warm clear reef diving. I would love to use my diving for this hobby. Anyone know where/whats legal to collect?

I like SSI.

I used to have a contact with a guy who worked for L.A. and since I could go deeper with CCR they offered me some decent money to collect some deep water wrasse, but I would have been gone too much from my family so I declined.

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just east of charlotte on Badin Lake! Small world
Lol I know it well; have family in Albemarle and Mt Pleasant. Several other NC reefers on R2R as well. Welcome again! Side bar on diving: obviously anywhere in the Caribbean and my personal fave West Palm Beach. Most sites within half mile of shore- middle of Gulf Stream plus Atlantic wrecks. Jim Abernethy runs a shop down there and always a great day with his outfit.
http://scuba-adventures.com/

OP
OP
Pete Horwath

Pete Horwath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dove West Palm on Labor Day for the Goliath Grouper Spawn. Yes people that is a real 12 foot fish
G0154310.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back