Hello new to R2R

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by Krokilus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Krokilus

Krokilus Member Build Thread Contributor

Hello everyone my names Devon and I am from Oklahoma. A little about me first i guess, I got my first tank in 2009 a 10 gallon freshwater with 2 goldfish but soon actually started to learn about aquarium husbandry and the requirements of my fish. Unfortunately my ignorance cost those two their lives as I knew nothing of fish diseases and water quality at the time. My next tank was a 29 gallon molly tank with kuhli loaches and I was too successful with this tank as i again hadnt researched the fish i had and knew not of certain fish being live bearers and in turn the population explosion overran my tank and it crashed. My next tank which is still in operantion today at my grandmas house was a 75 gallon mixed cichlid tank in 2012, this tank has survived the original tanks glass getting cracked it currently is down to 1 Featherfin catfish, 1 sailfin leopard pleco, and 2 kenyi cichlids. My next tank would be a 75 gallon Fowlr tank with which I had my ups and downs due to the learning curve from fresh to saltwater. I would then get my 29 gallon out and set up a small reef tank which I transfered some of my live rock and smaller fish to and added coral this was on 2015 but I ended up moving to Florida in 2016 and before I could relocate the tanks to me due to several bad storms mice moved into my grandmas place and chewed up several cords causing my mom and uncle to take the fish and inverts to the lfs so they didnt die. In October I went through hurricane Michael and ended up moving back to Oklahoma and got a better paying job so now im looking forward to my new build which I setup yesterday a 14 gallon Innovative Marine peninsula tank on my desk. I will also as soon as I have more room be doing a Redsea Reefer 170 build.

Tags:

2. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award

3. Krokilus

Thanks

4. James M

James M I like anemones R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to reef2reef !!!
    Any pics of the 14 gallon ?

5. Billldg

Billldg Going off the reef end R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Welcome to R2R!!!

6. Krokilus

Heres one 20190210_182941.jpeg

7. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award

Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family.

8. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Onwards to bigger and better!!! Welcome to R2R!!! Thanks for introducing yourself!

9. Krokilus

Heres one with the blues up. 20190210_183220.jpeg

10. Krokilus

Thanks

11. Krokilus

A little about the tank it is an Innovative Marine 14 Gallon Peninsula with AI Prime HD for lighting, stock pump for return for now, an aquatop digital heater, IM diy mesh screen top kit, IM spinstream return nozzle, with caribsea arag-alive Hawaiian black sand, and about 7 lbs of stax rock for aquascape.

12. Krokilus

By the way could anyone point me towards a good thread about microbubbles as that is my current issue during the cycle today I think its just the new pump and spinstream but thought id look into it now in case it doesnt go away.

13. mich2599

mich2599 Well-Known Member

Welcome to R2R!:)

14. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

15. mike werner

mike werner Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

welcome!!

16. jonespkp

jonespkp Member

Welcome to R2R!

17. dantimdad

dantimdad Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

Welcome aboard!

18. Idoc

Idoc Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Welcome to R2R! Looks like you are on your way to a cool nano-tank! You can do a search in the forum for micro-bubbles to see if any other threads pop up with some good information for you to start. Otherwise, post a thread specifically asking that info in the forum and see if someone with a similar setup can help you through it. Make sure you set up a build thread to show how things are progressing!

19. Krokilus

Thank You

20. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman walks like a Midas Blenny R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R! The tank looks great!

Draft saved Draft deleted