Hello new to R2R

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my names Devon and I am from Oklahoma. A little about me first i guess, I got my first tank in 2009 a 10 gallon freshwater with 2 goldfish but soon actually started to learn about aquarium husbandry and the requirements of my fish. Unfortunately my ignorance cost those two their lives as I knew nothing of fish diseases and water quality at the time. My next tank was a 29 gallon molly tank with kuhli loaches and I was too successful with this tank as i again hadnt researched the fish i had and knew not of certain fish being live bearers and in turn the population explosion overran my tank and it crashed. My next tank which is still in operantion today at my grandmas house was a 75 gallon mixed cichlid tank in 2012, this tank has survived the original tanks glass getting cracked it currently is down to 1 Featherfin catfish, 1 sailfin leopard pleco, and 2 kenyi cichlids. My next tank would be a 75 gallon Fowlr tank with which I had my ups and downs due to the learning curve from fresh to saltwater. I would then get my 29 gallon out and set up a small reef tank which I transfered some of my live rock and smaller fish to and added coral this was on 2015 but I ended up moving to Florida in 2016 and before I could relocate the tanks to me due to several bad storms mice moved into my grandmas place and chewed up several cords causing my mom and uncle to take the fish and inverts to the lfs so they didnt die. In October I went through hurricane Michael and ended up moving back to Oklahoma and got a better paying job so now im looking forward to my new build which I setup yesterday a 14 gallon Innovative Marine peninsula tank on my desk. I will also as soon as I have more room be doing a Redsea Reefer 170 build.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!
Wtr2r15.gif
#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little about the tank it is an Innovative Marine 14 Gallon Peninsula with AI Prime HD for lighting, stock pump for return for now, an aquatop digital heater, IM diy mesh screen top kit, IM spinstream return nozzle, with caribsea arag-alive Hawaiian black sand, and about 7 lbs of stax rock for aquascape.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like you are on your way to a cool nano-tank! You can do a search in the forum for micro-bubbles to see if any other threads pop up with some good information for you to start. Otherwise, post a thread specifically asking that info in the forum and see if someone with a similar setup can help you through it. Make sure you set up a build thread to show how things are progressing!

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like you are on your way to a cool nano-tank! You can do a search in the forum for micro-bubbles to see if any other threads pop up with some good information for you to start. Otherwise, post a thread specifically asking that info in the forum and see if someone with a similar setup can help you through it. Make sure you set up a build thread to show how things are progressing!
Thank You

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back