Hello - new to the forum

revenant

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
504
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.. I am getting back into the hobby after a 12 year hiatus.. I picked up a used 100G tank (clear for life 60x18x20), sump with pumbing + return pump, stand, canopy, sand and liverock (well, probably dead but it's live now) for like 300bucks... I have since invested a bit more for sump goodies (octopus 150int skimmer and aquamax 4" reactor), test kits, RODI systems and fully functioning mixing station, 3x Hydor Koralia 1150 circulation pumps, vipaspectra 165w reef lights... My goal was to do this on a budget but still get decent reliable equipment .. I am just at the end of my cycle and starting to add some livestock... my CuC comes this weekend and I am going to add a couple tangs too... I love how my aquascape came out... Tons of caves and flow areas... I have one Koralia pump sending flow behind the
rock structure and the other two sort of pointed at each other for flow in the front. They are moving the sand bed slowly so need to adjust them a bit. Here are some pics.

IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG


See you all around the forum!
 
Thanks I am so excited about getting back into reef keeping. I wake up every morning now and dash into the tank room while I wait for my tea water to boil so I can just stare at the tank.. which is just a pile of rocks now but oh well.. lol.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new