Hello, Old guy here

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater tanks are great therapy for all of us. I hope it helps for your son. Welcome to R2R!

R2RWelcome.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to be here. I'm and old guy who had freshwater tanks in the past but life happened. Presently, one of my adult sons suffered a traumatic brain injury. He had saltwater aquariums for many years and wants to get back into the hobby. His therapists think it would be beneficial. He cannot manage alone, so we begin the adventure together. We have an IM SR Pro 60 going on 4 months and all looks well. We look forward to all the advise we can get from the fine people here and look forward to the good as well as the bad and solving problems as they arise.

Welcome! Glad you both joined - this is a great family hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Texas is HUGE but depending where in central Texas, there may even be local club you can attend. My club is doing a lot virtually these days so we've got people as far as Washington DC and California invited to monthly educational meetings (checkout dfwmas.org or on FB)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to be here. I'm and old guy who had freshwater tanks in the past but life happened. Presently, one of my adult sons suffered a traumatic brain injury. He had saltwater aquariums for many years and wants to get back into the hobby. His therapists think it would be beneficial. He cannot manage alone, so we begin the adventure together. We have an IM SR Pro 60 going on 4 months and all looks well. We look forward to all the advise we can get from the fine people here and look forward to the good as well as the bad and solving problems as they arise.
We're so sorry to hear about your son's injury and we'd be happy to help you with advice or any pieces you need. Please send an email to [email protected] and we'd be happy to give you a discount code for our website. We ship coral nation-wide and would love to help any way that we can.

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I'm and old guy who had freshwater tanks in the past but life happened. Presently, one of my adult sons suffered a traumatic brain injury. He had saltwater aquariums for many years and wants to get back into the hobby. His therapists think it would be beneficial. He cannot manage alone, so we begin the adventure together. ... We look forward to all the advise we can get from the fine people here and look forward to the good as well as the bad and solving problems as they arise.

Welcome to R2R !

Reefing can be better when you have someone to share it with. It is good to hear that therapists recognize the field as a positive. I know that my son's aquariums have been a great comfort and diversion in college and during the turmoils of COVID.

You'll find many insightful and knowledgeable people here to help you to on your reefing journey.

I look forward to many successes in 2022 for both of you,
Jim

OP
OP
S

Sod's law

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R !

Reefing can be better when you have someone to share it with. It is good to hear that therapists recognize the field as a positive. I know that my son's aquariums have been a great comfort and diversion in college and during the turmoils of COVID.

You'll find many insightful and knowledgeable people here to help you to on your reefing journey.

I look forward to many successes in 2022 for both of you,
Jim
Thank you much for you kind words

BreadReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back