OP
OP
T

TheMattReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nem on the rock... does it retract completely? Or does it stay out? Been curious about those. Please tell me more.
I was told it is called a “tube anemone”, but is actually a type of tube worm more than an anemone. It’s definitely one of my favorite animals in my tank. Absolutely beautiful, fun to feed and watch. Creepily beautiful almost.... It stays out 95%+ of the time to be honest. It will retract some or most of the way if it gets spooked by a fish, or anything significant but it doesn’t spook easy (retracted on the way home from LFS obviously). Sometimes I will see it partially retracted, and it using its shorter “arms” around the outside edge to collect detritus and applying it to its tube to build new sections of it as it grows or shifts and needs more tube to protect it (it literally lives in a poo-tube) This one I originally just sat on the sandbed, and it extended down through the sand and anchored to the glass near the back panel of the tank probably within an hour of being acclimated and set in the tank. Hasn’t moved more than 1-2” from the start, and I believe it’s mostly due to how much flow I have in the tank. I was surprised that from the tips to where it anchored itsself it is a solid 12” long. When I got it, it was in a roughly 3-4” tube. I just use the rock next to it to keep the current from blowing him too far to the right and to keep from eating my acans and other corals . Been suuuuuuuper easy, is seemingly growing quite a bit, and has gained more vibrant color. Especially since I’ve been slowly dialing in and understanding how to keep my water parameters in a healthy and steady range. I would definitely recommend one to anyone, especially if you love nems, but don’t want a traveler, or want something kind of different that you don’t see in everyone’s tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back