giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the salt hobby, but not new to aquariums. I've had a few freshwater tank but when researching new aquarium ideas I came across a reef tank build and was blown away.

I work in IT and am a bit of a gear head so the complexity of the water chemistry appeals to me.

I'm currently building a 75 gallon Marineland tank that I drilled and installed a sump on. Right now I'll probably add water in the next couple days. Hoping to see what everyone else is doing as well as discuss reefing with like minded folks.

IMG_20200907_220210.jpg

Like it. Can't wait to see more in the future. Welcome to the R2R channel.

OP
OP
cwerner

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I'm liking the lagoon style tank!!! Looking forward to seeing that tank stocked with corals, what are you planning to put in there?

giphy.gif

Well my kids are insistent upon a couple Nemo's so I'll start with some clowns. From there I plan on trying to get utilitarian, but also pretty fish like a bristletooth tangs or blenny's.

I've got the Aquatic life hybrid on it already which with just the t5 lighting I'm hoping will grow softies And LPS well with some plans for led lighting for SPS in the future. Growing a really nice Elegance coral is definitely on my bucket list along with hammers and scoly's.

Here is the tank now. It's leak tested and just had some bio-spira added tonight. I'm going to add a couple clowns tomorrow hopefully.

How long do most of you wait before adding coral?
IMG_20200912_094612.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the salt hobby, but not new to aquariums. I've had a few freshwater tank but when researching new aquarium ideas I came across a reef tank build and was blown away.

I work in IT and am a bit of a gear head so the complexity of the water chemistry appeals to me.

I'm currently building a 75 gallon Marineland tank that I drilled and installed a sump on. Right now I'll probably add water in the next couple days. Hoping to see what everyone else is doing as well as discuss reefing with like minded folks.

IMG_20200907_220210.jpg
Welcome to R2R!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Back