Hello!

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and the hobby. I started a Biocube 29 2 months ago and find it fascinating, especially corals! I have a few frags (hammer, torch, duncan, GSP, heteroxenia) and a mushroom rock. I'm now considering zoanthids, but some of the internet chatter around toxicity has put me off a little. I'd appreciate any opinions or feedback on that topic...

Thanks!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! As far as the zoas are concerned if you take proper precautions ie gloves when handling especially when fragging you should be fine. Many people keep them with low numbers of issues. Issues tend to come about when people are careless.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eagle eyes and radioactive dragon eyes both have great color and can be found pretty cheap to start out with. There are tons of different varieties out there to choose from. Find some colors you like and go from there. Best of luck!

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see some pics of your tank.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 181
OP
OP
EzraZamir

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0386.jpg

Here's a full tank shot

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 180

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great beginnings.

Welcome.:wave:

reefersue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Your tank looks great! I started my 29 Biocube one week ago. I would like to do mostly zoas, because I think they have the prettiest colors of the soft corals. So far, I have nothing in it except live rocks and live sand that I started with. I noticed that my rocks are starting to get brown and purple colors to them...

DSC01968.jpg

OP
OP
EzraZamir

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'd love to see your tank so please post if you wouldn't mind. I'm still not happy with my aquascape, but I think it'll suffice for coral placement.

OP
OP
EzraZamir

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your aquascape is awsome! Is that Fiji rock? I started with dry rock and added some live rock to help seed, but I also used live sand. If I could re-do it, I wouldn't have bothered with dry rock at all, but I did what I could afford at the time.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the biocubes! and I love what you've done with yours. Welcome!

+1 on the zoa comments above. As long as you wear gloves when handling them and eye protection when handling them outside the tank you'll be fine. Just dont go mushing, squeezing, or eating them:bigsmile:

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Your tank looks great! I started my 29 Biocube one week ago. I would like to do mostly zoas, because I think they have the prettiest colors of the soft corals. So far, I have nothing in it except live rocks and live sand that I started with. I noticed that my rocks are starting to get brown and purple colors to them...

DSC01968.jpg

Look at all those spots for coral!!!!:eyebrows:

OP
OP
EzraZamir

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me what parts you used for the flow diverter? I totally need that....love your rock work and caves BTW!

HOT REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
955 Connecticut Ave #3101, Bridgeport, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!. Glad you have joined reef2reef, it's a family friendly site and very user friendly. I'm sure you will navi threw just fine!
Your 29G cue looks amazing for a beginner! You are a natural. As for zoanthids some toxins are stronger in certain polyps or "zoas" as we all call them when fragging you should try to always wear goggles to protect your eyes and latex and powder free gloves if your hand is going in the tank with the glove on and if touching the polyps. Some people use gloves just to handle there coral witch is not a bad thing , if you have cuts it can irritate your cut or cuts. Safety is always first as well as trying to make sure the animal you acquired is safe as well.!

Happy reefing! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

-HOT REEF.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!* The only problem I have ever had with zoas is the desire to collect more.And more.I will add that my prescription glasses have saved me twice.
DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330.jpg

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back