Hello

Saith

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Messages
79
Reaction score
59
Location
SF Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My name is Ryan, I've been lurking on the site for a couple months now and decided to create and account today.

I started a 30g saltwater tank back in 2005. I enjoyed the hobby and upgraded to a 60g tank and got a bio-cube. A few years later I started traveling for work and was out of town for months at a time. I sold the nano and moved the 60g into my brother's place. But every time I came home it was looking more neglected, so I sold everything and called it quits. Next thing I know, a decade has gone by.

A few months ago my brother mentioned I should start another tank. I dismissed the idea saying, "Where would I put it? I have hardwood floors." I woke up one morning a few weeks later thinking about it. I don't travel for work, I have my own place and the floors are replaceable. I quickly found R2R while researching about tanks, plumbing and animals. I feel like the hobby is where I wanted it to be 10 years ago; LED lights, controllers, automated testing.

Thanks to the moderators and members already here. There is so much great information on R2R and I am looking forward to learning more from you all.
 
Welcome to r2r!
Wtr2r20.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!! We're glad you're here!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here
lots of info,help,fun,
open 24-7 happy reefing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new