HELP! Acro fading from bottom

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man a 10 gallon SPS tank that is a tough nut there. The parameters on the tank will move around quite a bit on such a small volume of water. Many SPS just do not like movement of parameters. The coral looks really stressed out.

OP
OP
W

Wisdom.Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
So I have kept a close eye on everything, and brought my alk down to 8.5... not a huge difference so i doubt that had much affect on things getting better. (I am currently dosing 5ml of alk and calc a day, and things are growing great) and also replaced my chemi-pure blue.
Over the last month I have been increasing feedings back up to where I had them before, which is a few drops of live phyto, and ~5 drops of oysterfeast, with a heafty scoop of reef roids.. I can do this pretty much every day, and everything just seems to get happier. I have done a few tests as well where I fed like that, my nitrates would get up to around 25/30ppm, then I wouldnt feed for a few days, and I test again, and my nitrates are at 10ppm. My mangrove has significantly grown and sprouted new leaves, and my chaeto has been growing slowly. Kinda surprising to me too, but whatever works! :) seems like low nutrients was the problem, these acros are lovin the food!

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back